Smuggler captain Piper Farady and her trusty pilot, Wonky, hide out in the Outskirts, far away from any royal gaol. Brings out the best in her crew.
Before the events of SteamWorld Heist, Captain Piper Farady worked as a pilot in the Royalist Space Force. Despite not being interested in a military career or politics. One day she's ordered to drop her payload from the air onto a village where "something is brewing". The village was a suspected rebel base but it was then she realised her cargo was full of explosives. She is then faced with the choice of bombing a village which could possibly contain Smallbots or fly away and become a deserter. She and her pilot, Wonky, chose the latter.
Her character was modelled after Katherine Hepburn giving her a headstrong, independent, fair and tough as nails personality. She's very friendly and popular among locals in the docks, and serves as an inspiration to her crew. She tends to bring out the best in people, even if her career choice as a smuggler and pirate was less than celebrated.
She appears to be a copper Steambot with an admiral-like army cap. She also has a burner in her red-plated chest, a handgun and green plated shorts. Her 'hair' arms appear asymmetrical, with one green and three-fingered, and the other brown, also three-fingered (although hard to make out).
- Level 0 - Handgun, Ability to wield Handgun class weapons.
- Level 0 - Sharpshooter, Ability to wield Sharpshooter class weapons
- Level 0 - Powershot, Fire a regular shot that deals +1 bonus damage (3 turn cooldown).
- Level 1 - + 1 Health.
- Level 2 - Inspire , Allies next to her and herself deal +1 bonus damage.
- Level 3 - Powershot cooldown -1 turn.
- Level 4 - Area Repair, Repair all inspired allies (1 use per mission).
- Level 5 - +1 Health.
- Level 6 - Inspire: Area, Allies up to two tiles away deal +1 bonus damage.
- Level 7 - Power Shot: Damage - Power Shot now deals +2 bonus damage.
- Level 8 - +1 Movement speed.
- Level 9 - Inspire: Damage, Inspire now gives +2 bonus damage.
- Level 10 (Max) - Power Shot: Damage, Power Shot now deals +3 bonus damage.