Billy lost his ability to speak when a Deep Space dive went horribly wrong. Nevertheless, he's a fearless fighter.
Billy Gill is a light blue and orange Steambot with a large fin on his back and a sailors hat. He has thin, grey arms and legs, and light blue hands.
- Level 0 - Handgun, Ability to wield Handgun class weapons.
- Level 1 - Flee Fisher, Billy may move after delivering a fatal attack to an enemy.
- Level 2 - Melee Damage +1
- Level 3 - Fillet-O-Fury, performs two consecutive melee attacks. (3 turns cooldown)
- Level 4 - Health +2
- Level 5 - Vampire, restores 1 health when Billy performs a melee attack.
- Level 6 - Movement Speed +1.
- Level 7 - Melee Damage +2.
- Level 8 - Health +2.
- Level 9 - Fillet-O-Fury:Cooldown, Fillet-O-Fury cooldown time is reduced by 1 turn.
- Level 10 (Max) - Melee Damage +2.
- Blubity Blub.
- Blub, Blub, Blub.
When losing Hat
Upon game completion
- Blub you all.
For ship exclusive dialog, see Dialog.
- 2015 - SteamWorld Heist
- Oddly, despite Billy Gill's dialog consisting of only "blubs", when talking to the character inside the ship, they will reply with "Billy" audibly regardless of their own dialog.
- The only words that Billy Gill speaks outside of blubs is the very last dialog of the game after beating "On the far side of the moon" for the first time, with "Blub you all".
- Billy Gills is the only playable character to have one class of usable weapon, the universally used handgun class.
- This is offset by Billy having the highest base and final melee values, with an additional skillset to complement melee.
- In Gamespot's review of Steamworld Heist, the review copy of Steamworld Heist is seen, notably that Billy Gill is pictured using an Carrion Üzi MKII, an assault weapon illegal for his available weapon types.